RP Data tracks auction results across all capital cities of the country, typically collecting results for between 85% and 90% of all auctions each week. Through our Agent’s Advice team we contact our vast network of agents to compile the most accurate auction figures possible. With this level of data collection we can confidently comment [...]
Archive | September, 2010
The unemployment rate across Australia has fallen to just 5.1%, however the headline figures hide the fact there are key regions around the country where the number of unemployed remains high. The map below, which plots the unemployment rate across Australia’s ‘Statistical Regions’ shows a clear trend. The areas showing unemployment rates above 7% are [...]
Labour force data released by the Bureau of Statistics yesterday shows the Australian jobs market continues to outperform expectations. The unemployment rate across the country has fallen to just 5.1% in seasonally adjusted terms. The falling jobless rate has sparked debate that there is likely to be more upwards pressure on interest rates as [...]
The strength of the Australian economy surprised most of the economic community when GDP figures were released earlier this week. The seasonally adjusted figures showed the Australian economy grew by 1.2% over the June quarter and 3.3% over the year. The broad expectation was for a 0.9% increase in the rate of economic expansion. It’s [...]
RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- RP Data market preview, Melbourne: Week ending 20 April, 2014 April 17, 2014
- First home buyers in Victoria the lowest in 23 years April 16, 2014
- Our capital city population is booming but the supply side not so much April 15, 2014
- Properties are being absorbed by the market faster than they are being listed for sale. | Shawn Kristofer – Real Estate Agent: […] month show that properties are indeed be...
- WA Property News | Australia In Property Investment Boom: […] Data: Investors make up 38% of all new b...
- Housing market is absorbing new supply faster than it is being added: […] listed properties over the four weeks an...
Follow @timlawless on Twitter
RP Data on Twitter
Follow @rpdata on Twitter