The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released building approvals data for May 2015 yesterday. The data showed that dwelling approvals rose over the month following a fall over the previous month. Dwelling approvals remain at extremely high levels with May 2015 being the third highest month ever for approvals. In May 2015 there were 19,414 […]
About Cameron KusherCameron Kusher is RP Data’s senior research analyst, specialising in primary and secondary data analysis, property market commentary and consultancy. Cameron has a thorough understanding of the fundamentals such as demographics, trends, economics and spacial analysis and is a regular keynote speaker for property-related groups, regulated industry bodies, corporations and the government sectors. Follow Cameron on Twitter @cmkusher
Author Archive | Cameron Kusher
So where have we been? Over the first 11 months of the 2014-15 financial year, combined capital city home values have risen by 7.5% according to the CoreLogic RP Data Home Value Index. The Index is weighted based on the number of dwellings in each city and looking more closely at the results only Sydney […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released demographic data for the December 2014 quarter yesterday. The data highlighted a continuing slowdown in the rate of national population growth, with the quarterly increase now lower than slump in population growth recorded during the GFC. In particular the mining states and territories are recording the biggest slowdown […]
Sales data over the 12 months to March 2015 shows that there have been fewer homes sold across the combined capital cities for less than $200,000 than there have been homes sold for more than $1 million. As you would expect there is a growing proportion of sales in excess of $1 million in Sydney and […]
As someone who works analysing housing markets every day it is good to see that housing policy is back on the agenda especially considering that we currently don’t have a Federal Housing Minister. The lack of a Housing Minister at the Federal level is intriguing when you look at some of the statistics relative to […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released housing finance data for April 2015 earlier today. The seasonally-adjusted data showed that over the month there were a total of $32.7 billion in housing finance commitments with the value of commitments increasing 2.9% over the month and by 18.7% year-on-year. The raw data provides further insight into […]
Earlier this week the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released building approvals data for April 2015. The data showed that after a record high number of approvals in March, approvals fell to their lowest levels since November of last year. Despite the fall, when compared to historic levels, dwelling approvals remain very high as the […]
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) released their quarterly Authorised Deposit-taking Institution (ADI) Property Exposures data for March 2015 earlier today. The data always provides a valuable insight into current and historic mortgage lending by domestic ADIs and this quarter’s release was no different. Given the heightened vigilance from APRA around investment lending and overall […]
Last week the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released data which revealed that 48.7% of state and local government taxation revenue over the 2013-14 financial year came from property related taxes. The data showed that over the year, state and local governments collected a record $40.485 billion in taxes from property related sources. In comparison, […]
Housing finance data released yesterday by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) for March 2015 showed that despite the recently released guidelines for sound lending practices released by APRA and repeated warnings from the RBA, lending for investment purposes continues to surge. While values are still rising, the prospect of very low yields remain no […]
CoreLogic RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- Auction markets slow down on the volume front, while the combined capital city clearance rate of 78.1 per cent is the strongest result since the first week in June. July 6, 2015
- School holidays drive auction volumes lower this week July 2, 2015
- Commercial Market Update – Melbourne Cityscope July 2, 2015
- Which price bracket accounts for most of Brisbane’s house sales? | Scott McKenzie: […] via 1 in 10 capital city home sales over...
- QLD population growth plummets | Scott McKenzie: […] via Australia’s rate of population gro...
- Auction volumes higher in 2015 compared to 2014, with last week’s capital city clearance rate 11.9 per cent higher than one year ago: […] See more here: Auction volumes higher in...
- @LeaderOnline I think that was supposed to be 'won't' continue to grow at 9% per annum?! 2 weeks ago
- Consumers looking more optimistic post budget (historically, sentiment & housing transactions are highly correlated) https://t.co/zYe0Ys1udU 2 months ago
- Foreign buying data from FIRB is out but it's nearly a year old! Hopefully the data will flow quicker in the future! http://t.co/z0K1fUirmf 2 months ago
- @srodrigues45 @JordanEliseo @beckyquick83 @macro_business @leithvo @DavidLlewellynS https://t.co/l5S59tavYl 14 hours ago
- If the $A keeps falling imagine what that could do to demand for Syd & Mel property #ausbiz #auspol #ausproperty http://t.co/DbFgxXcSQL 17 hours ago
- RT @GrogsGamut: My latest for @GuardianAus "The one graph that explains the (worrying) end of the mining boom (+ a few others)" http://t.co… 17 hours ago retweeted via GrogsGamut
CoreLogic RP Data on Twitter
- Listed properties being absorbed faster & total listings lower than at the same time last year across most cities. http://t.co/OxVnZ7ecpp 17 hours ago
- Last week's auction volumes down, however clearance rate the strongest since June at 78.1%. See results: http://t.co/6hfBRlF7Zy #auctions 18 hours ago
- Introducing the latest property insights portal for all your buying & selling needs! Check it out today > http://t.co/VdMHTQLMGL 3 days ago