The Federal Government is to shortly release a white paper on taxation reform. Plenty of recent inquiries and taxation documents have specifically noted that the taxation treatment of property should be reviewed and if ever there was a good time to look at changes to stamp duty it would be now. Given where the property […]
About Cameron KusherCameron Kusher is RP Data’s senior research analyst, specialising in primary and secondary data analysis, property market commentary and consultancy. Cameron has a thorough understanding of the fundamentals such as demographics, trends, economics and spacial analysis and is a regular keynote speaker for property-related groups, regulated industry bodies, corporations and the government sectors. Follow Cameron on Twitter @cmkusher
Author Archive | Cameron Kusher
The November 2014 housing finance data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) indicates that demand for mortgages is starting to wane. We would expect that this trend will continue over the coming year as APRA crack down on higher risk mortgage lending and focus on curtailing growth to the investment segment of the market. […]
The November 2014 dwelling approvals data has been released and it makes for very positive reading. In November there were 18,245 dwelling approvals across the nation. The dwelling approvals data is published from July 1983 and from that month until November 2014 there has never been more approvals over a one month period. Dwelling approvals […]
The combined capital city housing markers have seen values increase by 7.0% over the first 11 months of 2014. Throughout the whole of 2013, capital city home values increased by 9.8% indicating that the rate of home value growth is likely to be lower this year than last. On an annualised basis, combined capital city […]
CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Comment, week ending 14 December 2014 A preliminary weighted average clearance rate of 65.2 per cent was recorded this week across capital cities compared to 63.7 per cent last week and 65.1 per cent this time last year. The market may have cooled since the start of spring but that […]
Combined capital city dwelling values fell by -0.3 per cent in November 2014 according to the CoreLogic RP Data Home Value Index. Over the month, values increased in four cities and fell across the remaining four. Values were higher over the month in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Hobart and were lower elsewhere. Over the first […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) published housing finance data for October earlier today. The data release coincided with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) sending Australian Authorised Deposit-taking Authorities (ADIs) a letter on Tuesday afternoon. The letter highlighted that APRA was going to increase surveillance on risky lending and have a specific focus in […]
In this week’s blog we take a look at how current housing market conditions compare with the boom in home values between 2001 and early 2004. Immediately a point to note is that the current housing market upswing came off the back of dwelling values falling over the previous two years. If we assume that […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released building approvals data for October 2014 on Tuesday of this week. The headline data showed that there were 17,062 total dwelling approvals in October 2014. Total dwelling approvals increased by 11.4% over the month and were 2.5% higher year-on-year. Although there was quite a strong rebound in monthly […]
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) released their quarterly Authorised Deposit-taking Institution (ADI) Property Exposures data for September 2014 earlier today. The data always provides a valuable insight into current and historic mortgage lending by domestic ADIs and this quarter’s release was no different. Based on the value of all outstanding mortgages by households to […]
CoreLogic RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- There’s never been a better time to reform stamp duties January 21, 2015
- How buyers can use auction results to be better buyers January 21, 2015
- Boroondara sellers make $232m in three months January 19, 2015
- The economic factors to watch for in 2015 that may impact the housing market – CoreLogic RP Data Research Blog | Dave Rolfe: […] The economic factors to watch for in 201...
- hidflect: Perth clearance rate now 22.5%. It's over. htt...
- Soos and Egan - Australian Property Chart Pack | Prosper Australia: […] capital cities, Melbourne has experience...
- FIRB review released by @KellyODwyer, new penalties for foreign buyers and 3rd parties if they dont play by the rules http://t.co/e65PG6OSjF 2 months ago
- Great article from Chris Joye at AFR on house price measures: http://t.co/SiKlfspBox 6 months ago
- @stephendomain @smh Its refreshing to see a a more logical view on house price measures from Fairfax via @cjoye http://t.co/SiKlfspBox 6 months ago
- Off to New York for work tomorrow, done all the main things before anyone got any secret tips or restaurant recommendations? 2 days ago
- RT @MarkDiStef: Alabama just passed marriage equality into law. Alabama. But not Australia. 2 days ago retweeted via MarkDiStef
- Seriously, who actually thinks Andy Harper is a good commentator? He is absolutely horrible #AsianCup2015 3 days ago
CoreLogic RP Data on Twitter
- Quote of the week: "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." Elbert Hubbard 3 days ago
- "How buyers in Melbourne can use auction results improve buying..." @corelogicau_vic talks auction #MelbRE results http://t.co/mV93ocO8Ew 4 days ago
- "There’s never been a better time to reform stamp duties." @cmkusher comments in more detail around property tax ~ http://t.co/PxB9zIFxnR 5 days ago