Upcoming auctions: Auction activity will rise this week, with CoreLogic currently monitoring a total of 2,301 capital city auctions, representing a 20 per cent rise in activity compared with last week (1,920). Despite the week-on-week rise, the number of capital city auctions compared to last year remains remarkably lower, given 2,792 were held over the […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics released construction work done data for the March 2016 quarter earlier today. The data set looks at the value of construction work completed over the quarter and is an input to the national accounts (GDP) data. Over the quarter, the value of construction work done was $47.928 billion which was […]
Strong clearance rates in the Sydney and Melbourne auction markets push the capital city average clearance rate to 70%
The preliminary clearance rate across the combined capital cities rose this week, up from 69.5 per cent the previous week to 70.0 per cent. The level of activity across the capital city auction market was similar to the previous week, with 1,863 auctions held this week, compared to 1,876 last week. Auction activity remains well […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released labour force data for April 2016 earlier this week. The data is one of the key economic releases each month and obviously employment is an important factor for the housing market. Someone that is employed with a high level of job security, working as many hours as they […]
Upcoming auctions: The number of auctions due to be held across the capital city markets this week will remain relatively steady, with CoreLogic currently tracking 1,758 auctions, down from 1,876 last week. In Australia’s largest auction market of Melbourne, 778 auctions are scheduled this week, following a higher 871 last week, while in the second […]
Auction activity has eased slightly this week, with 1,824 capital city auctions held, down from 2,230 last week and also lower relative to the same week last year when 2,232 residential homes were taken to auction. The preliminary clearance rate across the combined capital cities strengthened slightly this week, from 67.7 per cent the previous […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics released housing finance data for March 2016 earlier this week. The data showed that the total value of housing finance commitments was recorded at $32.7 billion which was -0.2% lower over the month but 1.2% higher year-on-year. In March 2016, $20.7 billion or 63.3% of all mortgage lending was to […]
Upcoming auctions: After over 2,000 capital city auctions were held each week for the past two weeks, auction activity has fallen this week, with 1,718 capital city auctions scheduled. While auction volumes are lower in each of the capital city markets, Adelaide, with 92 auctions this week compared to 94 last week and Canberra, with […]
Sydney and Melbourne the only auction markets to record a preliminary clearance rate above 70 per cent
Of the 2,182 capital city auctions held this week, 1,680 results have been reported so far with a preliminary clearance rate of 67.5 per cent. This week’s preliminary clearance rate is lower than last week’s final results which showed 69.4 per cent of the 2,675 capital city auctions cleared. In terms of auction volumes, in […]
Earlier this week 4 Corners ran a detailed report on housing focusing largely on how unaffordable it is. The program focused very much on the fact that housing was expensive but nowhere in the report did they actually delve into the reasons why housing is so expensive. There were plenty of statements about how people […]
CoreLogic RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- CoreLogic National Auction Preview, week ending 29 May 2016 May 26, 2016
- The value of construction work done for houses is falling with units likely to follow shortly May 25, 2016
- Strong clearance rates in the Sydney and Melbourne auction markets push the capital city average clearance rate to 70% May 23, 2016
- Inflation adjusted home values lower than previous peaks in all cities other than Sydney and Melbourne: […] See the original article here: Inflation...
- Don't let an election get in the way of selling your house: […] rate changes play a greater role than an...
- The economic factors to watch for in 2015 that may impact the housing market | WealthWorx: […] Cameron Kusher of Core Logic RP Data pro...
- RT @corelogicau: 7 signs that the housing market may be peaking | https://t.co/eoaNZKMaG4 #ausproperty #housingmarket 7 months ago retweeted via corelogicau
- Looking forward to representing @corelogicau at #BWTE in Melb this morning, more than 700 attended yesterday in Syd http://t.co/rnEzv7i3CN 9 months ago
- RT @corelogicau: RELEASED: Watch the latest housing market update in your capital city. Presented by @timlawless. http://t.co/0uBRzvidgI... 11 months ago retweeted via corelogicau
- RT @insteconomics: Is the RBA sacrificing the inflation target on the alter of financial stability? https://t.co/lsObwNvsv7 7 months ago retweeted via insteconomics
- Final results show last week, Syd had its lowest auction clearance since last week of Mar-13 #ausbiz #ausproperty https://t.co/7ABoAGKOE9 7 months ago
- RT @FinancialReview: Why Chinese interest in #AusProperty is set to continue despite lull. https://t.co/dIjBA28EGp #ausbiz https://t.co/iml… 7 months ago retweeted via FinancialReview
CoreLogic RP Data on Twitter
- House sales are 2.4% higher over the year while unit sales are -7.9% lower | https://t.co/osAv281C99 7 months ago
- Just released: CoreLogic Monthly Housing & Economic Chart Pack | https://t.co/osAv28jdxJ #homevalues #housingmarket 7 months ago
- Clearance rate improves after last week saw the lowest clearance rate in 73 weeks | https://t.co/FS6Nd9WAWc #auctions #ausproperty 7 months ago