Over the four weeks ending 28 June 2015, there were 24,981 new residential listings added for sale across Australian capital cities. At the same time last year, over the corresponding four week period, 23,676 residential properties were newly listed for sale. That is a difference of 1,305 properties this year compared to last year. On […]
New listings are higher than one year ago and transactions have been trending upwards since 2012. As a result, stock is being absorbed faster and total listings are lower than at the same time last year across most cities
So where have we been? Over the first 11 months of the 2014-15 financial year, combined capital city home values have risen by 7.5% according to the CoreLogic RP Data Home Value Index. The Index is weighted based on the number of dwellings in each city and looking more closely at the results only Sydney […]
A preliminary auction clearance rate of 78.0 per cent was recorded across the combined capital cities this week having increased from 77.3 per cent last week. There were 1,777 auction results reported this week with a total of 2,205 scheduled auctions showing that auction volumes have remained virtually unchanged when compared to the previous week […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released demographic data for the December 2014 quarter yesterday. The data highlighted a continuing slowdown in the rate of national population growth, with the quarterly increase now lower than slump in population growth recorded during the GFC. In particular the mining states and territories are recording the biggest slowdown […]
Auction volumes higher in 2015 compared to 2014, with last week’s capital city clearance rate 11.9 per cent higher than one year ago
CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Preview, week ending 28 June 2015 CoreLogic RP Data is currently expecting 2,255 capital city auctions this week, which is higher than at the same time last year (1,991) and similar to the number of homes taken to auction across Australia’s capital cities last week (2,268). Last week saw the […]
The Dexus Property Group has added to its Brisbane office portfolio through the purchase of Waterfront Place at 1 Eagle Street, Brisbane and the Eagle Street Pier at 45 Eagle Street, Brisbane. The sale, at $635 million, was arranged by CBRE Brisbane and JLL Brisbane. Vendors of Waterfront Place, each with a half share, were […]
Auction volumes increased last week, with 31 commercial auction results reported and a preliminary clearance rate of 54.8 per cent. In comparison, the final auction clearance rate over the previous week was just 27.3 per cent across 22 auctions. At the same time last year, there were 49 commercial auctions reported over the week with […]
The latest research from South Sydney Cityscope shows property sales have decreased in both volume and value for the quarter ending June 2015. There were 81 sales recorded for the most recent quarter at a total value of $269.8 million, compared to 161 sales at a total value of $464.8 million for the quarter ending […]
The latest research from Gold Coast Cityscope shows property sale figures have significantly decreased in the past three months, but sale numbers have remained generally consistent. Sales recorded in the three months to June 2015 recorded 43 sales for a total of $86.3 million. Of this, $55 million was for commercial, $7.9 million was for […]
The latest research from Christchurch Cityscope shows that commercial sales activity in Christchurch has increased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the three months to June 2015 totalled $38 million, an increase from the quarter ending March 2015 when sales totalled $29.8 million but a decrease from the quarter ending December 2014 when […]
CoreLogic RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- New listings are higher than one year ago and transactions have been trending upwards since 2012. As a result, stock is being absorbed faster and total listings are lower than at the same time last year across most cities June 30, 2015
- Outlook for 2015-16 financial year June 30, 2015
- Week-on-week results show auction volumes remain steady, while the auction clearance rate rises June 29, 2015
- Which price bracket accounts for most of Brisbane’s house sales? | Scott McKenzie: […] via 1 in 10 capital city home sales over...
- QLD population growth plummets | Scott McKenzie: […] via Australia’s rate of population gro...
- Auction volumes higher in 2015 compared to 2014, with last week’s capital city clearance rate 11.9 per cent higher than one year ago: […] See more here: Auction volumes higher in...
- @LeaderOnline I think that was supposed to be 'won't' continue to grow at 9% per annum?! 5 days ago
- Consumers looking more optimistic post budget (historically, sentiment & housing transactions are highly correlated) https://t.co/zYe0Ys1udU 1 month ago
- Foreign buying data from FIRB is out but it's nearly a year old! Hopefully the data will flow quicker in the future! http://t.co/z0K1fUirmf 2 months ago
- @cmkusher I might add that Canberra could be a bit of a dark-horse for stronger value growth next year. 14 hours ago
- Happy EOFY a brief outlook for the housing market over the 2015-16 financial year. http://t.co/MZ0jZul1X1 14 hours ago
- @MrMacroMarkets it's what the bloke from Fantasy Island used to say. 16 hours ago
CoreLogic RP Data on Twitter
- Capital city median time on market & Avg vendor discounting. Image snapshot from this week's market trends report. http://t.co/7pfmRJBX5a 13 hours ago
- Auction clearance rate rises whilst auction volumes remain steady week-on-week. See last week's #auction numbers ~ http://t.co/8C1K0xro3d 2 days ago
- Biggest Commercial Sale for 2015 as Dexus adds to its Brisbane office portfolio. Read more ~ http://t.co/bIWNx8UVee #commercial #qldre 5 days ago