The first week of February shows auction market activity continuing to bounce back from the festive period slowdown, with almost twice the number of auctions held this week compared with last week. CoreLogic RP Data was tracking 854 auctions this week, compared with 987 auctions over the same week one year ago. The lower number […]
Upcoming auctions: So far this year, auction volumes have been rising at a slower rate than last year which may be due to a softening in vendor confidence as housing market conditions settle down after more than three years of strong capital gains. So far 718 auctions have been held this year, compared to 921 […]
The latest research from Adelaide Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in Adelaide have increased substantially for the quarter to January 2016, largely due to the sale of Rundle Place. The latest quarter shows total sales figures of $526.2 million from 18 sales, as compared with $68.6 million from 24 sales in the quarter to […]
The latest research from Norwest Cityscope shows a substantial increase in the total value of sales over the last quarter, primarily due to the sale of the Woolworths headquarters at 1 Woolworths Way, Bella Vista. For the three months to January 2016, there were 20 sales at a total value of $348.2 million, compared to […]
The latest research from Eastern Melbourne Cityscope shows property sales have decreased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter ending January 2016 totalled $187.2 million, a decrease from the $188.8 million recorded in the three months to October 2015, but an increase from the $44.3 million recorded to July 2015. This data brings […]
Market activity resumes with stock being added to the market at a much faster rate than last year (… everywhere but Sydney)
As they do each year, the number of homes advertised for sale around the country fell over the end of year period, however the number of residential properties available for sale is starting to climb again, and this year at a much faster rate than last year. In fact, the number of new listings being […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released building approvals data for December 2015 earlier today. The results tend to be somewhat volatile on a month-to-month basis, largely due to the more ‘lumpy’ unit approvals. Following a -12.4% monthly fall in dwelling approvals in November, approvals rose by 9.2% to 18,868 approvals in December 2015. The […]
Sydney and Melbourne are the only capital cities with any significant increase in inflation adjusted home values over recent years
Yesterday the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released its quarterly Consumer Price Index (CPI) data for the December 2015 quarter. The data showed that inflationary pressures remain very low with headline inflation rising 1.7% over the year and core inflation (underlying inflation) increasing by 2.0% over the past year, which is right at the lower end […]
Housing finance data for November 2015 was released today but the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). The data showed that on a seasonally adjusted basis, the value of housing finance commitments rose by 1.8% in November to $33.3 billion. Looking at the different components of mortgage lending, it shows that the value of commitments to […]
The November 2015 building approvals data show a sharp fall in dwelling approvals led by the volatile unit segment. Seasonally adjusted total dwelling approvals were -12.7% lower over the month, their largest monthly fall since July 2012. Year-on-year dwelling approvals are -8.4% lower and approvals have retracted to be -16.8% lower than their recent record […]
CoreLogic RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- A strong start to the year, with 71 per cent of capital city auctions selling February 8, 2016
- CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Preview, week ending 7 February 2016 February 5, 2016
- Commercial Market Update – Adelaide Cityscope February 5, 2016
- China\'s ICD Gets Go-Ahead for $146M Sydney Tower | Mingtiandi: […] clearance rate for new homes at auction ...
- The first week of summer shows the preliminary clearance rate slipping further, to the lowest reading for 2015, at 59.2 per cent: […] See more here: The first week of summer ...
- Brett: I can't believe how much South Brisbane and New F...
- RT @corelogicau: 7 signs that the housing market may be peaking | https://t.co/eoaNZKMaG4 #ausproperty #housingmarket 4 months ago retweeted via corelogicau
- Looking forward to representing @corelogicau at #BWTE in Melb this morning, more than 700 attended yesterday in Syd http://t.co/rnEzv7i3CN 6 months ago
- RT @corelogicau: RELEASED: Watch the latest housing market update in your capital city. Presented by @timlawless. http://t.co/0uBRzvidgI... 7 months ago retweeted via corelogicau
- RT @insteconomics: Is the RBA sacrificing the inflation target on the alter of financial stability? https://t.co/lsObwNvsv7 3 months ago retweeted via insteconomics
- Final results show last week, Syd had its lowest auction clearance since last week of Mar-13 #ausbiz #ausproperty https://t.co/7ABoAGKOE9 3 months ago
- RT @FinancialReview: Why Chinese interest in #AusProperty is set to continue despite lull. https://t.co/dIjBA28EGp #ausbiz https://t.co/iml… 3 months ago retweeted via FinancialReview
CoreLogic RP Data on Twitter
- House sales are 2.4% higher over the year while unit sales are -7.9% lower | https://t.co/osAv281C99 3 months ago
- Just released: CoreLogic Monthly Housing & Economic Chart Pack | https://t.co/osAv28jdxJ #homevalues #housingmarket 3 months ago
- Clearance rate improves after last week saw the lowest clearance rate in 73 weeks | https://t.co/FS6Nd9WAWc #auctions #ausproperty 3 months ago