While it’s often not obvious, a sign of a poorly performing property market can be a low level of residential sales. It reflects a low level of confidence, owners may be relucent to sell for fear of achieving a low price and buyers may also be reluctant to make the significant commitment that is required [...]
RP Data National Auction Comment, week ending 20 July, 2014 A preliminary weighted average clearance rate of 70.7 per cent was recorded this week across capital cities compared to 67.2 per cent last week and 64.1 per cent this time last year. Demand in the Sydney market has pushed the national preliminary clearance rate over [...]
Sydney clearance rate records 5 consecutive weeks of improvement RP Data auction spokesperson Robert Larocca reports: There are 1,611 auctions scheduled across Australia this week. In capital cities there are 1,267 auctions expected compared to only 1,180 for the same period last year. The improving trend recorded on a national level in June and early [...]
There are 590 auctions scheduled this week in Melbourne compared to 519 for the same time last year. The highest number of auctions is expected in the northern suburbs where 16 are expected in Reservoir. Seasonally low volumes are not only a factor in the auction market with the overall level of new listings also [...]
Lower income earner’s hopes of owning a home have faded over the past two years due to the high rate of capital gain, so what can be done? In last week’s RP Data Research Blog I highlighted sales by price point across the capital cities. The data showed a shortening supply of homes selling at [...]
Analysis of changes in the median value of houses in suburbs within 20k of the CBD over the medium term shows some interesting trends. In order to smooth out some of the volatility present in the short term this analysis focuses on median value growth over a five year period. The data shows that owners [...]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released housing finance data for May 2014 late last week with the data showing owner occupier housing finance commitments flat over the month. The data also showed that the total value of housing finance commitments was -0.8% lower over the month. Although this may be concerning, the number of [...]
RP Data National Auction Comment, week ending 13 July, 2014 A preliminary weighted average clearance rate of 68.7 per cent was recorded this week across capital cities compared to 68.9 per cent last week and 67.7 per cent this time last year. Sydney provided the highest clearance rate and when combined with the higher volumes [...]
RP Data National Auction Preview, week ending 13 July, 2014 RP Data auction spokesperson Robert Larocca reports: There are 1,613 auctions scheduled across Australia this week. In capital cities there are 1,268 auctions expected compared to only 984 for the same period last year. Over the past three weeks the national clearance rate has shown [...]
There are 527 auctions scheduled this week in Melbourne compared to 426 for the same time last year. The Melbourne market has been delivering consistent results for sellers in the past 4 weeks with very little change in the weekly clearance rate. A review of the change in house values on a suburban basis shows [...]
RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- Melbourne transaction numbers slowly rising July 22, 2014
- National auction market continues to strengthen July 21, 2014
- RP Data National Auction Preview, week ending 20 July, 2014 July 18, 2014
- WA Property News | Property Developers & Investors Demand for Rental Property in Perth: […] to recent RP Data analysis, there are fe...
- WA Property News | Property Developers & Investors Demand for Rental Property in Perth: […] Perth Population Density by RP Data [...
- What can be done about the fading hopes of lower income earner’s owning a home? | Mortgage: […] last week’s RP Data Research Blog I hi...
- Here's a link to my latest housing market update from #rpdata focusing on housing market conditions in June http://t.co/iJDoU323d7 2 weeks ago
- RP Data's June figures out today - capital city dwelling values up 10.1% over financial year http://t.co/PeUfDwXob8 3 weeks ago
- RT @rpdata: WATCH UPDATE: @timlawless presents the latest national housing market update covering the month of May 2014 >> http://t.co/NKzh… 2 months ago retweeted via rpdata
- @gregorymckenna @BusInsiderAU I have something on this later this week, there's so many units I doubt they'll all make it to completions 19 hours ago
- @Alicia_Barry It'd be hard to beat that 3rd July speech it was an absolute cracker. 22 hours ago
- RT @Alicia_Barry: #RBA governor Glenn Stevens' speech in Sydney today no match for Hobart's 3rd July number. Maybe Q&A will move $AUD 93.87… 22 hours ago retweeted via Alicia_Barry
RP Data on Twitter
- "National auction market continues to strengthen" - The latest auction results across capital cities from the wkend.. http://t.co/c8bzBR3Wt9 2 days ago
- Read the national auction preview for this weekend across all major capital cities... http://t.co/tSMGMD2WUV #auctions #clearancerates 5 days ago
- Melbourne auctions: 590 auctions scheduled this week compared to 519 the same time last year. Read more ~ http://t.co/if9AYIrxE5 #MelbRE 6 days ago