Key points Reservoir is the largest suburb in Melbourne Gilderoy is the smallest suburb in Melbourne The are 12 suburbs in Melbourne with over 10,000 houses Most weeks when the highest volume of auctions are listed, the suburbs of Reservoir, Glen Waverly and Mount Waverly come out near the top. Auctions may well be a […]
The Federal Government is to shortly release a white paper on taxation reform. Plenty of recent inquiries and taxation documents have specifically noted that the taxation treatment of property should be reviewed and if ever there was a good time to look at changes to stamp duty it would be now. Given where the property […]
Key facts Attendence at auctions important for buyer research Clearance Rates – in 2014 these fell to 68.4% Auctions increased to take advantage of rising market In many respects the Melbourne auction market last year was better than in 2013. Auction volumes rose 19.7 per cent compared to last year, however the clearance rate fell […]
Key facts 35.7% of sellers made a 100% or higher profit Sellers in Boroondara made the highest total profit of $232m 98.6% of sellers in Knox made a profit The latest CoreLogic RP Data Pain and Gain Report compares the sale price with purchase price for all homes sold in the most recent quarter and for which […]
Key facts Median advertised rent for a house in Melbourne $448 Median rent for house rise 2.5 per cent in 2014, units 1.9 per cent Melbourne yields lowest of all capital cities Historically speaking, the performance of last year’s rental market in Melbourne was relatively moderate. In the last three months of 2014 the […]
The November 2014 housing finance data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) indicates that demand for mortgages is starting to wane. We would expect that this trend will continue over the coming year as APRA crack down on higher risk mortgage lending and focus on curtailing growth to the investment segment of the market. […]
CoreLogic RP Data Melbourne Property Values report – 2014 The top 10 Melbourne suburbs ranked by growth in house values in 2014 were dominated by some of the cities most expensive suburbs and they were located south of the Yarra. Overall, the Melbourne housing market produced a near repeat of 2013 with house values rising […]
The November 2014 dwelling approvals data has been released and it makes for very positive reading. In November there were 18,245 dwelling approvals across the nation. The dwelling approvals data is published from July 1983 and from that month until November 2014 there has never been more approvals over a one month period. Dwelling approvals […]
CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Preview, week ending 21 December 2014 There are 1,807 auctions scheduled across Australia this week. In capital cities there are 1,489 auctions expected compared to 1,332 for the same period last year. With one week to go, the combined capital cities clearance rate for 2014 is 67.9 per cent compared […]
There are 565 auctions scheduled this week in Melbourne compared to 531 for the same time last year. This is the last week for the year in which there are expected to be a substantial volume of auctions. Until early February next year there will be a small number of auctions weekly, mostly outside of […]
CoreLogic RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- Melbourne’s ‘Mega suburbs’! January 27, 2015
- There’s never been a better time to reform stamp duties January 21, 2015
- How buyers can use auction results to be better buyers January 21, 2015
- The economic factors to watch for in 2015 that may impact the housing market – CoreLogic RP Data Research Blog | Dave Rolfe: […] The economic factors to watch for in 201...
- hidflect: Perth clearance rate now 22.5%. It's over. htt...
- Soos and Egan - Australian Property Chart Pack | Prosper Australia: […] capital cities, Melbourne has experience...
- FIRB review released by @KellyODwyer, new penalties for foreign buyers and 3rd parties if they dont play by the rules http://t.co/e65PG6OSjF 2 months ago
- Great article from Chris Joye at AFR on house price measures: http://t.co/SiKlfspBox 6 months ago
- @stephendomain @smh Its refreshing to see a a more logical view on house price measures from Fairfax via @cjoye http://t.co/SiKlfspBox 6 months ago
CoreLogic RP Data on Twitter
- This week we take a look at the ‘Mega suburbs’ in Melbourne... Read full article by @corelogicau_vic ~ http://t.co/elg8QyaybM #MelbRE 22 hours ago
- Quote of the week: "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." Elbert Hubbard 5 days ago
- "How buyers in Melbourne can use auction results improve buying..." @corelogicau_vic talks auction #MelbRE results http://t.co/mV93ocO8Ew 6 days ago