According to the RP Data-Rismark Home Value Index, combined capital city home values fell by -0.2% over the second quarter of 2014. With the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) releasing their Consumer Price Index (CPI) data this week, we can see that in ‘real’ terms home values across the combined capitals fell by -0.7% over [...]
As volumes rise, there are 665 auctions scheduled this week in Melbourne compared to 637 for the same time last year. The market returned to trend last week following the aberration the week before. Along with an increase in volumes, demand continues to build slowly in the lead up to spring when buyers will find [...]
While it’s often not obvious, a sign of a poorly performing property market can be a low level of residential sales. It reflects a low level of confidence, owners may be reluctant to sell for fear of achieving a low price and buyers may also be reluctant to make the significant commitment that is required [...]
RP Data National Auction Comment, week ending 20 July, 2014 A preliminary weighted average clearance rate of 70.7 per cent was recorded this week across capital cities compared to 67.2 per cent last week and 64.1 per cent this time last year. Demand in the Sydney market has pushed the national preliminary clearance rate over [...]
Sydney clearance rate records 5 consecutive weeks of improvement RP Data auction spokesperson Robert Larocca reports: There are 1,611 auctions scheduled across Australia this week. In capital cities there are 1,267 auctions expected compared to only 1,180 for the same period last year. The improving trend recorded on a national level in June and early [...]
There are 590 auctions scheduled this week in Melbourne compared to 519 for the same time last year. The highest number of auctions is expected in the northern suburbs where 16 are expected in Reservoir. Seasonally low volumes are not only a factor in the auction market with the overall level of new listings also [...]
Lower income earner’s hopes of owning a home have faded over the past two years due to the high rate of capital gain, so what can be done? In last week’s RP Data Research Blog I highlighted sales by price point across the capital cities. The data showed a shortening supply of homes selling at [...]
Analysis of changes in the median value of houses in suburbs within 20k of the CBD over the medium term shows some interesting trends. In order to smooth out some of the volatility present in the short term this analysis focuses on median value growth over a five year period. The data shows that owners [...]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released housing finance data for May 2014 late last week with the data showing owner occupier housing finance commitments flat over the month. The data also showed that the total value of housing finance commitments was -0.8% lower over the month. Although this may be concerning, the number of [...]
RP Data National Auction Comment, week ending 13 July, 2014 A preliminary weighted average clearance rate of 68.7 per cent was recorded this week across capital cities compared to 68.9 per cent last week and 67.7 per cent this time last year. Sydney provided the highest clearance rate and when combined with the higher volumes [...]
RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- Inflation adjusted home values are still lower than their previous peak across most cities July 24, 2014
- RP Data Auction Market preview, Melbourne; Week ending 27 July, 2014 July 24, 2014
- Melbourne transaction numbers slowly rising July 22, 2014
- Nick Assafiri: It’s interesting to note that the suburbs which ...
- WA Property News | Property Developers & Investors Demand for Rental Property in Perth: […] to recent RP Data analysis, there are fe...
- WA Property News | Property Developers & Investors Demand for Rental Property in Perth: […] Perth Population Density by RP Data [...
- Here's a link to my latest housing market update from #rpdata focusing on housing market conditions in June http://t.co/iJDoU323d7 3 weeks ago
- RP Data's June figures out today - capital city dwelling values up 10.1% over financial year http://t.co/PeUfDwXob8 3 weeks ago
- RT @rpdata: WATCH UPDATE: @timlawless presents the latest national housing market update covering the month of May 2014 >> http://t.co/NKzh… 2 months ago retweeted via rpdata
- @JordanEliseo unprecedented number of unit approvals, many of which are in large complexes which are much more risky than a single house. 17 hours ago
- @JordanEliseo exactly last 10 yrs, 98% of house approvals also completed compared to 86% for units. A unit development much riskier 18 hours ago
- Don't bet on all these units being approved for construction actually being completed. http://t.co/G308280M7C 18 hours ago
RP Data on Twitter
- Read the RP Data Auction Market preview for Melbourne, week ending 27 July, 2014. Clearance stats included > http://t.co/htSDWLsQmp #MelbRE 20 hours ago
- "Melbourne transaction numbers slowly rising". Read the latest Melbourne blog by @rpdata_vic http://t.co/BUMfwO3nxs #MelbRE #transactions 23 hours ago
- "National auction market continues to strengthen" - The latest auction results across capital cities from the wkend.. http://t.co/c8bzBR3Wt9 4 days ago